IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A LIGHT AND FLUFFY PANCAKE RECIPE THAT IS DAIRY AND EGG FREE, YOU WILL LOVE THIS RECIPE MADE WITH THE LIGHT NUTTY FLAVOR OF EINKORN FLOUR AND SWEETENED WTH A TOUCH OF PURE MAPLE SYRUP.
Pancakes in our home are not just a Sunday breakfast but our loved by our family at least a few days a week. So when our son was diagnosed with an Eosinophilic disorder and needed to eliminate dairy in his diet, I needed to rethink our pancake recipe. At one point, we thought we may need to eliminate eggs as well. so mom was on a journey to find a light and fluffy pancake recipe.
Most of my recipes are just tossing ingredients together and coming up with something amazing my family loves! No eggs and no dairy? That may be a little more of a challenge but mom did come up with an amazing pancake recipe that has no egg and no dairy. How did this amazing pancake recipe become so light and fluffy, well einkorn flour was the key to a lighter pancake.
Einkorn flour is a light ancient grain that has a slight nutty flavor and along with the flavors of coconut oil and the sweetness of pure maple syrup , these pancakes make a wonderful breakfast any day of the week and can be whipped up in only a few minutes.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at not extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
1 1/2 cups einkorn flour
1 tablespoon baking powder( aluminum free)
1/2 sea salt
2 tablespoons of pure maple syrup
1 cup dairy free milk (we use oat milk) may need to add more or less depending on the desired consistency.
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (optional but makes them fluffier)
1 tablespoon coconut oil
How To Make These Light Fluffy Einkorn Pancakes
2. In another mixing bowl whisk together the dairy free milk, apple cider vinegar, melted coconut oil and maple syrup. Whisk well and pour into well of the flour mixture and mix until well combined,
3. If consistency is too thick, slowly add more dairy free milk stirring as you add it to mixture.
4. Let batter rest 3-5 minutes while preparing griddle.
5. Preheat griddle on stovetop , lightly oil with olive or coconut oil.
6. Once griddle is hot, ladle 1/2 cup of batter onto griddle(to make smaller pancakes, use a smaller ladle or cup ).
7. Let pancakes cook until you start to see bubbles on top and then flip and continue to cook on other side about 3-5 minutes until done.
To serve the pancakes, enjoy them topped with berries, fried apples or just pure maple syrup. They are so light and fluffy , your family will love them.