These Dairy Free Double Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are the perfect snack to satisfy your chocolate craving you don’t need to feel guilty about. These muffins are made with healthy ingredients and yes they are completely dairy free!
Bananas are a staple in our home and it seems like I am always coming up with a new way to use bananas in a recipe. They are a perfect addition to muffins, breads , cakes and bars and are perfect in these Dairy Free Double Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins.
Banana’s are not the only healthy ingredient in these muffins. Pure maple syrup , coconut oil and einkorn flour makes these muffins a more wholesome snack you will feel good about feeding your family.
Adding the extra chocolate and cocoa gives these muffins a burst of chocolate that all chocolate lovers will love and knowing they are made with wholesome ingredients and dairy free is even better!
These muffins even make a perfect birthday muffin by just adding a bit of frosting and a pinch of sprinkles!
2 medium bananas- mashed
1/3 coconut oil-melted
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 1/2 cups flour( I use ancient einkorn flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
2 heaping tablespoons cocoa powder of raw cocoa
1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chip ( I use Enjoy Life)
How To Make These Dairy Free Double Chocolate Banana Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tin with muffin liners.
2. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Whisk until combined. Set aside.
3. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the bananas, coconut oil, maple syrup and eggs.
4. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and mix until all combined and add chocolate chips.
5. Fill muffin tins with batter 3/4 full for a higher muffin.
6. Bake for 15-18 minutes or until the top starts to split and toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let muffins cool on a cooling rack for 5-10 minutes before eating if you can wait that long!
These Dairy Free Double Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins can be stored at room temperature for up to 4 days and can be sored in a freezer safe container for 3-4 months.
*Allergy tip: These muffins are made with dairy free ingredients. For egg allergy, a flax egg mixture or applesauce can be replaced.