This Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato Soup is a bowl of comfort with a punch of superfood nutrition. It is packed with sweet potatoes, creamy coconut milk and touch of warm spices. A perfect dairy and gluten free lunch even the kids will love!
Adding nutrition in our family’s meals are always a top priority when planning meals and snacks in our home and making them with LOTS of yummy flavor is just as important.
Soups are an easy way to add whole food goodness by adding vegetables and seasonings and spices. This Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato Soup is dairy and gluten free by adding coconut milk to give this its rich and creamy texture and a hint of coconut flavor.
3 Benefits of Adding Sweet Potatoes To Our Diet
1. Packed with antioxidants and vitamins A, B, C and Choline, which helps to reduce inflammation.
2. Potassium- sweet potatoes are one of the highest sources of potassium found in vegetables which improve nerves and muscles in our body.
3. Magnesium – important for nerves and blood pressure, also helps regulate blood sugars.
Ingredients to Make This Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato Soup
3-4 sweet potatoes
1 small onion
1 stalk celery
2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk or cream.
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon cumin(optional)
1 tablespoon olive oil
How to make Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato Soup
1. In a large pot on medium heat , sauté diced celery and diced onion in olive oil until tender but not brown.
2. Add broth and sweet potatoes and bring to boil until potatoes are tender.
3. Add potato mixture to blender or use emulsion blender to puree soup.
4. Add soup back to pot and add coconut cream, salt, pepper and cumin f desired and whisk until all combined.
This Creamy Coconut Sweet Potato Soup is perfect served with Homemade Bread and perfect for lunch or dinner.
Serve warm and enjoy!