These Spiced Butternut Squash Muffins are the perfect snack on a cool fall or winter day. These dairy free muffins are packed with wholesome ingredients and the aroma of cinnamon and nutmeg will fill your home.
Every year when its planting season, butternut squash has always been one of my favorite vegetables and always made sure we planted enough to preserve for all winter.as this can be added to so many baked goods. Perfect in pancakes, cookies and these delicious Spiced Butternut Squash Muffins. My family loves them and are perfect for those little picky eaters to get good wholesome nutrition in a yummy snack!
Did you know that butternut squash is easy to grow and can be pureed and preserved in your freezer for up to 6 months or longer?
Butternut squash is not only super tasty in so many recipes, it is packed with so many nutrients. It is a great source of fiber, vitamin A, C, E , b and minerals such as calcium, magnesium and zinc. These Spiced Butternut Squash Muffins are a superfood snack !
These muffins are made with simple and wholesome dairy free ingredients.
1 1/4 cup all purpose einkorn flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 cup pureed butternut squash
1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips( optional)
HOW TO MAKE SPICED BUTTERNUT SQUASH MUFFINS
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line muffin tray with liners.
2. In a mixing bowl or stand mixer, combine flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
3. In a separate bowl combine maple syrup , coconut oil, butternut squash and eggs. Mix until all combined and add dry ingredients. Add chocolate chips,
4. When all combined , pour into prepared muffin tins, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top.
5. Bake 15-20 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let muffins cool 10 minutes and enjoy if you can wait that long!
These muffins can be stored on the counter for up to 3 days, kept cool for a week and freezer for 3 months.
*Allergy tip: These muffins can be made gluten free by substituting gluten free flour. Egg free substitute by using applesauce or flax egg.
*Baking tip: These muffins are made with einkorn flour but any all purpose or whole grain flour can be used with nice results.