If you are ready for the taste of fall and looking for a healthy dairy free treat that will fill your kitchen with the smells of fall spices, these Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins are the perfect treat!
When the days get cooler and leaves start changing here in Michigan, we all start craving the smells and taste of fall. Pumpkins, squash, apples and SWEET POTATOES are abundant this time of year and these Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins make the perfect treat and are made with pure maple syrup and all the spices of fall.
When you think of muffins and treats in the fall , we all think of pumpkin but why not sweet potatoes? They are packed with nutrition and can be replaced for pumpkin in pies, cakes, donuts, pancakes waffles and YES MUFFINS!
Benefits Of Sweet Potatoes
* Immune Boosting Superfood
* High in fiber to promote gut health
* Packed with Vitamin A and high levels of beta- carotene helping the body to fight infections and viruses.
* A source of magnesium to promote normal body function and reduce stress.
Adding sweet potatoes in our baked goods are a great way to add this POWERHOUSE SUPERFOOD in our kids diets and that is always a bonus!
What’s Inside These Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 -2 medium mashed sweet potato ( 1 packed cup)
1/3 cup coconut oil
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/3 cup non dairy milk
1 1/2 cups cups all purpose einkorn flour( whole wheat or all purpose flour can be used in this recipe)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips( I use Enjoy Life Dark Mini’s)
How To Make These Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Line muffin pan with paper muffin tins and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl add mashed sweet potatoes, pure maple syrup, coconut oil, egg, vanilla and non dairy milk. Whisk until all combined.
3. In a separate mixing bowl combine flour, baking soda, sea salt, pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon,
4. Combine flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until all combined,
5. Gently fold in chocolate chips.
6. Fill muffin tins until almost full and bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let cool on cooling rack for 5-10 minutes, if you can wait that long.
These Sweet Potato Chocolate Chip Muffins can be enjoyed for breakfast or as an afternoon snack and can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months to be enjoyed anytime your craving the taste of fall.