Are you looking for a healthier Homemade Baked Sugar Donut? Well, these donuts are not only healthier than traditional bakery donuts , they are made with wholesome ingredients, dairy free and ready in 15 minutes!
Some of my childhood memories were of my mom making homemade donuts from scratch, frying them in oil and rolling them in lots of sugar. Well, I still love homemade donuts, but mine are made just a bit differently and just as yummy as the ones I remember.
These Homemade Baked Sugar Donuts are made with wholesome ingredients like, einkorn. pure maple syrup, coconut oil, a touch of raw unrefined sugar and baked! Yes baked! not fried and dairy free!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE HOMEMADE BAKED SUGAR DONUTS
1 cup einkorn flour( I use Jovial)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup melted unrefined coconut oil
1/2 cup dairy free milk
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/3 cup raw unrefined sugar or coconut sugar( coconut sugar will appear darker)
HOW TO MAKE HOMEMADE BAKED SUGAR DONUTS
1. Preheat oven to 350F and spray or oil donut pan with a non stick oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder and sea salt. Whisk well and make a well in the center.
3. In a medium mixing bowl, add maple syrup, 2 eggs, coconut oil, dairy free milk and pure vanilla. Combine well.
4. Pour wet ingredients in the center well of the dry ingredients. Mix well until all combined. Batter may be thin.
5. Pour batter into prepared donut pan and bake 15 minutes or until lightly brown and toothpick comes out clean.
6. Let donuts cool for 3-5 minutes before popping out of the donut pan.
7. Meanwhile, pour unrefined sugar onto a plate and when donuts are ready, dip the donuts into sugar and place on parchment paper or cooling rack.
These Homemade Baked Sugar Donuts can be stored in a covered container for up to 4 days and stored in the freezer for up to 3 months for the freshest results.
Allergy tip: For egg allergy , these can be made with flax egg or applesauce.
Baking tip: This recipe is made with einkorn flour, but can be made with any all purpose flour. Einkorn flour gives these donuts a more light and wholesome nutty flavor.