This Homemade Dairy Free Banana Bread is just like the classic banana bread your grandmother used to make. This banana bread is moist, lightly sweetened, dairy free and makes the perfect snack!
If there is one fruit we always have an abundance of in our home, its bananas! I load up on bananas every week , they are great frozen for smoothies and perfect left on the counter for this Homemade Dairy Free Banana Bread!
Let’s talk bananas!
Not just any bananas will do to get the BEST results for this perfect banana bread. The best bananas are fully ripened bananas. NOT completely brown but close to it.
Wow! Bananas are packed with LOTS of nutrition.
Not only are bananas delicious and make a perfect banana bread, they are an amazing fruit and packs a big potassium punch! along with vitamin C and a great source of fiber. So this banana bread is mom approved!
This homemade banana bread is made dairy free , nut free and can be egg free with an egg replacer and even applesauce would make a great substitute. With the sweetness of the bananas, just a touch of pure maple syrup is all that’s needed to give this bread the perfect amount of sweetness.
1 1/2 cups flour( all purpose einkorn, spelt, whole wheat or all purpose flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 medium ripe bananas mashed
How To Make Homemade Dairy Free Banana Bread
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare bread pan with non stick spray or coconut oil.
2. In a large mixing bowl add flour. baking soda, baking powder and sea salt. Whish together until combined. Make a well in center.
3. In the center well, add melted coconut oil, pure maple syrup and eggs. Mix well and slowly mix in dry ingredients until all combined.
4. Fold in mashed bananas until all combined.
5. Pour batter in prepared bread pan. Bake 50-55 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Top will be brown and starting to have a slight split appearance.
6. Let cool on cooling rack or plate.
* As much as you are tempted to slice right into that nice warm banana bread, for best results TRY to wait until slightly cooled before slicing .
This Homemade Dairy Free Banana Bread can be enjoyed for 3-5 days on the counter and can be stored in the freezer for up to 6 months.