NEED SNACK IDEAS THAT ARE DAIRY FREE AND HEALTHY? THESE WHOLESOME DAIRY FREE SNACKS WILL KEEP YOUR KIDS HAPPY AND MOM HAPPY TOO!
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at not extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
When we found out my son had a dairy allergy, this mom found it her mission to find good whole foods that we could add and replace the dairy with .
Our family was already used to eating a more healthy and wholesome diet , so as overwhelming as it is to eliminate cheese, whole milk and creamy goodness, it wasn’t really as hard as we thought and our home is still full of all that tasty goodness and dairy free.
Even without the dairy , there are plenty of wholesome dairy free snacks that kids will love and when kids want a snack, they typically want it NOW! These snacks can be prepared and prepped ahead of time, so you always have them on hand.
LIST OF HEALTHY DAIRY FREE SNACKS
1. Carrot and celery sticks ( store in jars of water for easy prep)
2. Sliced cucumbers with dairy free dressing
3. Whole grain crackers with chickpea hummus
4. Mashed avocado with tortilla chips.
5. Watermelon slices
6. Fruit kabobs – melon chunks, strawberries and apple chunks- dipped in dairy free yogurt.
7. Ants on a log- celery with nut butter and raisins
8. Fried apples on mini pancakes
9. Fruit parfaits- fruit, dairy free yogurt and homemade granola
10.Smoothies – Coconut blueberry smoothie
11. Homemade dairy free ice cream – 1/3 cup coconut milk, berries of choice , frozen banana, touch of maple syrup blended.
12. Applesauce with whole grain crackers
13. Bananas dipped in honey or maple syrup , rolled in granola and coconut flakes.
15. Homemade granola with dairy free milk.
15. Wholegrain pretzels dipped in nut butter
16. Zucchini Bread
20. Apple slices and nut butter sandwich
Most of these healthy dairy free snacks can prepped ahead of time. Muffins , cookies and mini pancakes can be made and stored in freezer and thawed easily for a quick snack.
These snacks are nice for mom and dad too!