This Dairy Free Creamy Potato Soup is so comforting and perfect for fall and those cold winter days. This soup is a wholesome plant -based version of the classic Potato soup that is so tasty , no one will ever know its dairy free.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at not extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
As much as I love the summer , planting the garden, preserving all the plentiful harvest, I have to say the fall is my favorite time of year. I love when I can start making warm , delicious comforting foods and this Dairy Free Creamy Potato Soup is one our family’s favorite.
This is a nice time of year to start cooking with all the fall root vegetables like potatoes and carrots. We like to store and preserve them for all winter and this soup is a wonderful way to enjoy all their wholesome goodness.
Coconut milk is the star of the this creamy potato soup , its healthier than traditional cream and gives it a rich and creamy taste , you cannot even tell its dairy free and wont miss the dairy at all.
What You Need To Make This Dairy Free Creamy Potato Soup
6 medium to large Yukon Gold or Russet Potatoes- chopped
2 medium carrots- chopped
1 small onion -chopped
1 stalk celery – chopped
1 Tablespoon melted coconut oil
2 1/2 cups chicken broth
2 Tablespoons of all purpose flour
1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme.
Salt and pepper to taste.
1 pound of cooked crispy bacon
How To Bring It All Together
2. Add chopped onion , celery and carrots. Saute until slightly tender.
3. Add chopped potatoes , chicken broth, thyme, salt and pepper and cook on medium covered until all cooked and tender.
4. In a glass or jar , add flour and a touch of the canned coconut milk. Mix well until all combined. Add to the boiling soup and stir until mixed.
5. Add the remaining coconut milk ( about 1/3 cup ) to the soup and let simmer until thickened.
6. Serve warm , topped with crispy bacon and salt and pepper to taste.
Tip: This soup can be topped with chopped green onion or any fresh herbs that you desire.
We always serve with fresh einkorn biscuits or rolls