THESE SWEET POTATO PANCAKES ARE SO LIGHT AND FLUFFY AND MADE WITH WHOLESOME EINKORN, PURE MAPLE SYRUP AND ARE DAIRY AND EGG FREE
In our home pancakes are pretty much on the menu at least 2-3 times a week. I know most families make pancakes a special meal on the weekends but ever since my son was a toddler, I have been making him pancakes, even 10 years later, we still love our pancakes and these fluffy sweet potato pancakes are our favorite!
Let’s talk about sweet potatoes!
Sweet potatoes were the first vegetable I added to my son’s pancakes and he LOVED them! They are so easy to make and soooooo nutritious! Kids love the cinnamon and maple syrup flavor. Its a great way to add more wholesome ingredients to their breakfast.
Why sweet potatoes?
BENEFITS OF SWEET POTATOES
Just one sweet potato has 400 percent of daily vitamin A.
Sweet potatoes are a Superfood , packed with over 10 vitamins and nutrients.
Sweet potatoes natural rich color comes from an antioxidant called carotenoids which protects our cells from damage.
Sweet potatoes are a big immune booster. Yes, adding these to baked goods like pancakes and muffins gives your family that immune boost that is needed to help prevent colds and viruses.
This post contains affiliate links, which means I make a small commission at not extra cost to you. See my full disclosure here.
WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE FLUFFY SWEET POTATO PANCAKES
1 medium to large sweet potato – cooked and pureed
1 tablespoon coconut oil – melted
1 cup dairy free milk of choice ( amount may vary with desired consistency)
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
1 1/2 all – purpose flour ( we use einkorn all purpose flour for a more lighter and fluffier pancake)
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY SWEET POTATO PANCAKES
1. In a medium mixing bowl add melted coconut oil, pure maple syrup, dairy free milk and apple cider vinegar. Whisk until all combined.
2. In another medium mixing bowl add flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Whisk until all combined and add to wet ingredients. If too thick, add more dairy free milk.
3. Fold in pureed sweet potatoes and combine well.
4. Let sit for 5 minutes while preheating oiled griddle.
5. Pour 1/2 cup of batter on preheated griddle until bubbles start to form and then flip over.
6. When both sides are fully cooked , serve with your favorite toppings.
Dairy free butter and pure maple syrup.
Sliced cooked apples with cinnamon topped with pure maple syrup and coconut whipped cream.
Berries and nuts topped with pure maple syrup.
These sweet potato pancakes can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and stored in the freezer for up to a month.
Enjoy these Fluffy Sweet Potato Pancakes! and did I say they were dairy and egg free.