If your looking for a healthy banana muffin , you will love this Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffin recipe, made with fresh strawberries and sweetened with a touch of coconut sugar.
It seems like I am always pulling out my favorite baking bowl and whipping up some sort of baked goods. And as much as I absolutely love chocolate, I love strawberries even more. These Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins is a recipe I just kinda came up with when I had 2 very ripe bananas and a fresh bowl of strawberries just freshly washed and ready to eat.
I am always trying to find new snacks to make for my hungry family and muffins seem to be a favorite in our home but keeping them healthy and using real food ingredients make them more mom approved!
What’s Inside These Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins
2 medium ripe bananas( mashed)
1 cup fresh strawberries (chopped)
2 large eggs
1/3 cup coconut oil( melted)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 3/4 all purpose einkorn flour( whole wheat flour can be used)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
How To Make These Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins
1. Preheat oven to 350 . Line muffin tins with muffin liners or parchment paper. Set aside.
2. In a medium mixing bowl whisk together flour, baking soda and sea salt. Set aside.
3. In a large mixing bowl mix together, mashed banana, coconut oil, eggs, coconut sugar and vanilla. Combine flour mixture with wet ingredients and mix well.
4. When all combined, gently fold in chopped strawberries and fill muffin tins with muffin batter.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 5- 7 minutes on a cooling rack .
Applesauce and flax eggs can be substituted for egg allergies
Gluten free flour can be substituted for gluten and wheat allergies.
Muffins can be stored at room temperature for 3-5 days and stored in a freezer container for up to 3 months in the freezer.
The Healthy Strawberry Banana Muffins make the perfect after school snack and can be easily packed for a special snack for work or school.
Looking for other dairy free muffins